Inter-Ministerial Workshop to Support Policy Development for an Effective Transition Towards E-Mobility in Cambodia
On the 10th of March 2022, the SMMR team participated in the ‘Inter-Ministerial Workshop to Support Policy Development for an Effective Transition Towards E-Mobility in Cambodia’.
The event brought together 43 participants from the public and private sector and included talks and presentations from:
- SMMR – Sustainable Mobility in Metropolitan Regions in ASEAN – Joachim Bergerhoff
- UNDP Cambodia – Julien Chevillard
- UNESCAP – Madan B. Regmi
- Electric Mobility experts – Andrew Campbell
- Ministry of Public Works and Transport (MPWT) – Kong Sophal & Dara Roth
- Ministry of Economy and Finance
- As well as a panel discussion chaired by Kok Sothea
This was our first multi-stakeholder face-to-face gathering of 2022. We are pleased to see Cambodia ramping up efforts towards Electric Mobility and discussing how to create an enabling EV environment. We very much look forward to the upcoming Electric Mobility showcasing on the 26th of March.
The workshop was organised by EnergyLab in collaboration with:
- SMMR – Sustainable Mobility in Metropolitan Regions in ASEAN
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Ministry of Public Works and Transport – MPWT
- UNDP, European Commission, Sweden with participation from:
- Ministry of Economy and Finance (Cambodia)
- Ministry of Mines and Energy Cambodia
- Ministry of Environment
- Ministry of Industry, Science, Technology & Innovation
- Ministry of Land Management, Urban Planning and Construction
Electric Mobility Showcase 2022
SMMR attended and documented the first Electric Mobility Showcase in Cambodia.